- Number of bells: 37 (three octaves, fully chromatic)
- Heaviest bell: tuned to E, 18 cwt (950 kg)
- Transposition: up 4 semitones (E)
- Practice clavier: none
- Construction: 1923; 2012 (transmission and clavier), J. Taylor & Co.
- Current carillonneur: Jamal Sutton
- Address: Founders’ Chapel, Charterhouse School, Charterhouse Rd, Godalming GU7 2DL (view on Google Maps)
- Technical information about the bells: See relevant Dove’s Guide entry
The carillon is played during term-time at morning, noon, and evening hours by students of the school, and for special occasions. Note these recitals are not typically open to the public.
This Taylor carillon was commissioned for and hung in Mostyn House School in Parkgate. In July 2010 the school closed and the carillon has been installed at Charterhouse, as per the wishes of the original donors. The frame, transmission and clavier at Mostyn House were not suitable for reuse at Charterhouse and have been replaced. This work was also carried out by Taylor’s. The new clavier is configured to allow for possible future augmentation to four and a half octaves (one octave above and half an octave below the existing three).