St Andrew’s & St Marnock’s Parish Church

  • Number of bells: 30 (two octaves, fully chromatic)
  • Heaviest bell: tuned to G, 12 cwt (1090 kg)
  • Transposition: up 7 semitones (G)
  • Practice clavier: There is an identical practice clavier
  • Construction: 1954-55, Whitechapel Bell Foundry
  • Current carillonneur: Rev. James McNaughtan
  • Address: St Andrew’s & St Marnock’s Parish Church, St Marnock Street, Kilmarnock, Scotland, KA1 1DZ (view on Google Maps)
  • Technical information about the bells: See relevant Dove’s Guide entry

recitals

Due to the pandemic, the carillon is currently played at random times during the week. In normal times it is played on Sunday from 10.15-11am before the morning service, and sometimes during the week and for town celebrations. It is also played extensively at Christmas and New Year.

history

The carillon was installed in memory of Peter Wills and daughters, Maggie and Mary. The bells were cast by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in 1954 and installed in the following year.